Blog Comment Rules
- In submitting a comment, use a valid email address that belongs to you so that we may contact you with a question or clarification. Miquelon.org does not collect email addresses or use them for any other purpose. If you use a fake email, and your content is otherwise questionable, your comment may be deleted. If you do not want your email address to show publicly, you can enter an URL for a website in the space provided; the software will then link to that address, not your email.
- Through your use of this site, you agree that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, abusive, malign, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Remember the 8th grade rule: if you wouldn’t post it in your daughter or son’s grade 8 class, why post it at all?
- If your argument with another poster becomes heated, remember: agree to disagree. Do not resort to personal attacks, and do not belittle someone else’s argument. Instead of making it personal, use reason and persuasive skills to make your point or criticize theirs.
- All comments must be intelligent and civil. Miquelon.org, which is a private project, welcomes debate and does not “censor”. It does, however, remove or modify comments that are ill-tempered or do not contribute to civil discourse, or contain materials deemed inappropriate. If your comment is removed or modified, and you attempt to post it or something similar again, your IP will be banned.
- It is impolite to use a blog comment section to promote your own website or other personal project. If you do this, you risk being black listed, not only by Miquelon.org but by the general blog blacklist used by many other blogs.
- The messages express the views of the author of the post or comment, not necessarily those of Miquelon.org. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable comments and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You are welcome to submit a blog. If your blog is used, it will be posted under your name as a guest blogger. If your blog is not used, we cannot contact you and tell you why. We receive far too many submissions to make that possible. Nonetheless, we are grateful for your participation.
- Attempts at bypassing bans by using alternate emails, proxies or other methods will be reported to the user’s ISPs.
Leave a Reply